[vlc-devel] commit: OMX IL needs libdl ( Rémi Denis-Courmont )

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Sat Feb 20 16:28:47 CET 2010

Le samedi 20 février 2010 16:57:50 Felipe Contreras, vous avez écrit :
> On Sun, Feb 7, 2010 at 11:45 PM, git version control <git at videolan.org>
wrote:
> > vlc | branch: master | Rémi Denis-Courmont <remi at remlab.net> | Sun Feb  7
> > 23:35:47 2010 +0200| [f559597a1051ddf769c9ead548623fc079c780bb] |
> > committer: Rémi Denis-Courmont
> >
> > OMX IL needs libdl

> This actually depends on the implementation. Some might need it, some might
>  not.

I could have written "VLC OMX IL needs libdl", but that would have been kinda
redumdant in the context of the vlc.git repository ;) Gildas wrote it such
that it uses dlopen(/dlclose/dlsym).

> I wonder how vlc is using omxil; in gst-openmax the omxil library is
> loaded at run-time, so it can be configured which library to use.

Gildas hard-coded the order to OMX_Core then omxil-bellagio. Turning it into a
configuration option would be piece of cake, but I am not sure it would that
useful.

http://www.remlab.net/
http://fi.linkedin.com/in/remidenis