[vlc-devel] commit: Lua SD: let the user know we are working (Fabio Ritrovato )

Pierre d'Herbemont pdherbemont at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 16:19:57 CET 2010

On Feb 23, 2010, at 15:53, Fabio Ritrovato <exsephiroth87 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> The patch is not really working ATM, I'll have time to check it better
> this evening...
> But yeah, I was thinking about something like this, but since we are
> in the feature freeze, I don't know if we can do it...
>
> My only question is, apart from the nice event handling, isn't it
> almost the same thing after all?
> Don't they both add a fake node and remove it when it's done?

It's different from libvlc point of view. There no item gets added.
The item only gets added if we are using a playlist.

Basically in Lunettes we display the number of items next to the name
of the service. So the number is wrong because we have a fake true sub
item. Also the implementation there would be a spinning indicator. I
hope this is clear :)

Pierre.