[vlc-devel] DXVA : workaround for a bug in ATI drivers

Mathieu Velten matmaul at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 19:20:58 CET 2010

2009/12/30 Geoffroy Couprie <geo.couprie at gmail.com>:
> Thanks for reporting this! Is ATI aware of this bug? Or, in other words, when will we need to change the detection code to accept new drivers?

I don't know. I am not sure this will be fixed anytime soon since most
of DXVA decoders available should have implemented the workaround.

here is a sample with custom matrices if someone have the hardware to
test if the bug exists :
http://www.mediafire.com/file/jy0eztkdw5n/test_cqm.mkv

someone can confirm that this file produce blocking issue with an ATI
card and VLC using dxva2 decoder ?

if it does I will write a patch.