[vlc-devel] Mac OS X development

Stijn Spijker stijnspijker at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 10:28:29 CET 2010

I subscribed to the vlc-devel mailing list to see what was going on, and
maybe
jump in to fix some bugs in the Mac OS X client.. I'm a iPhone developer
originally
schooled for embedded software (ANSI C / C++). Also interested in FOSS,
having ran
Linux for a long time (and still on servers), and developing a little class
for the iPhone
framework after I graduated from university.

I see that you have several tickets in the VLC system for the component 'Mac
OS X Interface'.
I have little to no experience coding for Mac, however, as Mac developers
probably know, the
iPhone implementation of Cocoa largely resembles the Mac OS one. This means
I should at least be
able to do some bug fixing. I have registered myself on Trac, and will join
IRC sometime this
afternoon / evening, and say hi (to get my account validated).

The first thing I'd like to fix / try out on is ticket #1264, not too hard,
always a good way to start development
on a new project.

--
Stijn Spijker