[vlc-devel] want to hire VLC developer

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Sat Jan 9 18:23:58 CET 2010

	Hello,

Le lundi 28 décembre 2009 06:40:17 Chris Dawson, vous avez écrit :
> I'm looking to hire a VLC developer for a short (1-2 week) project.
>
> Need to take a live stream from VLC and display on the output of a
> BlackMagic DeckLink SDI PCIe card.  Platform is Linux/Ubuntu.
>
> I think the right path is to write a custom VLC output module.  I don't
> think this card can be used with Xorg, but this is an option (i.e. running
> an Xserver on it).  Or, write directly to the framebuffer, or?

Given that VLC already supports Linux FrameBuffer, XVideo and X11 natively, it
would probably be worth checking.

From your description, I assume there has to be an existing Linux driver,
probably some kind of framebuffer device? Otherwise, it would be more of a
months-long Linux kernel job than a 2 weeks VLC extension.

http://www.remlab.net/
http://fi.linkedin.com/in/remidenis