[vlc-devel] H264 without audio crashes the windows AX plugin

Yair Han YairH at optibase.com
Mon Jan 11 11:03:07 CET 2010

Hi Remi and all,

Thanks for the prompt response.

I don't think it's a long term memory leak. Perhaps I didn't describe the scenario properly.

The IE crashes without any warning after 30 sec when I am playing 16 assets. The CPU usage is about 70%. When I play 9-10 assets on the same application the CPU usage is no more than 50% and still it crashes after 1-2 minutes. There is no long term, it crashes almost immediately.

When I am playing on the same application 1-3 assets it can hold 48 hours without crashing....

So, it looks that the problem is on mutual resources exclusion and not memory leak because 30 sec is not a reasonable time for consuming 4GB of RAM.

I think the problem lays in the facts that the stream is half frame rate or that it's without audio because when I am playing full frame rate with audio I don't see any problems. But I am no master I just can say what I can see...

I'll appreciate any lead on this one.

The Stream information:
a. Video format/profile:  H264 at BL
b. Audio format:  Turned off
c. Video Bit Rate:  256kbps
d. Audio Bit Rate:  Turned off all audio
e. Frame Rate:  Half
f. Resolution:  320 X 240 NTSC

Advanced Tab Settings:

H.264 Level:   Level 3