[vlc-devel] [Patch] Sending a signal when a vout is created/destroyed

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Wed Jan 20 08:39:14 CET 2010

   Hello,

On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 00:13:49 +0100, Hugo Beauzee-Luyssen
<beauze.h at gmail.com> wrote:
> This patchs adds a libvlc_MediaPlayerVoutChanged event, that let an
> application using libvlc know when a vout has been created.
> This can be usefull when trying to know the width or height of a
> media, using libvlc_video_get_width/height, as these functions
> immediatly return when no vout has been spawned.

It's none of the LibVLC application business when a video output is
created; that's an internal implementation detail. It should only care that
there is a new elementary stream. Hence I think that event does not deserve
to exist.

http://www.remlab.net
http://fi.linkedin.com/in/remidenis