[vlc-devel] Export ES descriptions through libvlc

Rafaël Carré rafael.carre at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 15:22:08 CET 2010

Hi,

I already discussed this on irc and the ML so I'll go to the problems:

- codec fourcc is not specified, so it could mean anything.
However "H264" or "h264" are pretty clear, and the application could assume it means mpeg4/avc.

- In the case of mpga, i'm not sure decoder is allowed to change its input format after the decoder has been opened.

- While h264 packetizer will set profile/level, x264 and ffmpeg encoders will not although they output h264. This is also true for demuxers outputting h264 and not using the packetizer (like mp4 for instance)

Until it's not fixed, we can't rely on those values and use them elsewhere (in rtp.c:Add() for example)