[vlc-devel] VLC & Blu-Ray

Tony Anecito adanecito at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 23 23:25:26 CET 2010

Hi All,

I tried to play a blueray disk and got the error that vlc 1.0.5 (latest build) could not access the disk. I am not sure if you support Blu-Ray yet.

I use Cyberlink PowerDVD to view the Blu-Ray DVD on Windows 7 32-bit.

Here is the information from the Cyberlink tools dialog

Thanks,
-Tony

Player information:
  Player region code: Not Specified
  Current drive: F:

Display information:
  Video mode: Progressive
  Display mode: DirectShow
  FourCC code: NV12
  Surface type: Hardware Video Accelerator (DxVA)

Video attributes:
  Video compression mode: MPEG-4 AVC
  Aspect ratio: 16:9
  Source picture resolution: 1920x1080
  Frame rate: 23.00
  Bitrate: 38.10Mbps

Audio attributes:
  Audio coding mode: Dolby Digital
  Sampling rate: 48kHz
  Number of audio channels: 5.1
  Bitrate: 640 Kbps

Hardware Information:
  Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core  CPU      E5300  @ running at 2620 MHz
  3DNow! technology:  Not Detected
  Enhanced 3DNow! technology:  Not Detected
  3DNow! professional technology:  Not Detected
  IA MMX technology:  In Use
  IA sStreaming SIMD extensions:  In Use
  IA SSE 2:  In Use
  Video accelerator:  DirectX VA (in use)
  Multispeaker audio device:  Speakers (High Definition Audio (not in use)
  S/PDIF output device:  Not Detected