[vlc-devel] [RFC] JS and libvlc mouse events

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Mon Jan 25 15:04:29 CET 2010

On Mon, 25 Jan 2010 14:43:11 +0100, Jean-Paul Saman <jpsaman at videolan.org>
wrote:
> The first attached patches export mouse events from video output upto
> the libvlc API level.

The mouse coordinates are tied to the video track. It makes absolutely no
sense to replicate them into libvlc.

Also, the events are a bit silly. Double-clicks don't exist as such and
shouldn't be exposed. There should be a event carrying the status of all
buttons instead of click events. Mouse movement should be a single event
with two coordinates, not two events.

That said, I find the whole concept to be questionable. If you want to
handle mouse events, set --no-mouse-events and let the windowing system
send them to your parent window. As such, I fail to see why LibVLC would
need to reinvent the wheel.

http://www.remlab.net
http://fi.linkedin.com/in/remidenis