[vlc-devel] ES_OUT_SET_(GROUP_)PCR is called too late

Frank Enderle frank.enderle at anamica.de
Thu Jul 1 16:27:01 CEST 2010

Hi,

I got a question regarding the message:

ES_OUT_SET_(GROUP_)PCR  is called too late (pts_delay increased to %d ms)

from es_out.c. I run an AAC encoded stream which is played back through
VLC. After a while - which can be longer or shorter - VLC starts
outputting this message and then plays silence for a few seconds (I
guess it's rebuffering).

Since the problem occurs on Linux (using libvlc 1.1.0) and Windows
(using vlc 1.1.0) I suppose it's not implementation or platform related.

My question: what does this message mean and wehre does the condition
come from? Is the stream encoding bad?

Thanks,

Frank

--
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Frank Enderle

anamica UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Beinsteinerstr. 6
71334 Waiblingen

Telefon:  +49 151 14981091
Telefax:  +49 7151 1335770
E-Mail:   frank.enderle at anamica.de
Internet: www.anamica.de

Handelsregister: AG Stuttgart HRB 732357
Geschäftsführer: Yvonne Holzwarth, Frank Enderle