[vlc-devel] VLC Telugu language translation

Christophe Mutricy xtophe at chewa.net
Thu Jul 8 00:59:35 CEST 2010

Hello,

On Sun, Jul 04, 10 at 14:54 +0300, Dinesh Muvvala wrote:
> I would like to get involved with VLC project. As a starting point I thought
> I will start with translation of VLC player.
> I have noticed that at the moment VLC doesn't have anyone for translating to
> Telugu language. I would like to contribute
> to Telugu language support and maintain the same. please guide me how to
> start with this task.

You can find the file to translate there:
http://people.videolan.org/~xtophe/l10n/te.po

You can use poEdit or loKalize to translate. Make sure that you use
UTF-8 as encoding.

If you have question you can ask them on irc #videolan on
irc.freenode.net or on the mailing-list vlc-devel at videolan.org

When you have done a part of it you can send it to me or put it online
and send us the link.

There is a mailing list dedicated to translators. You can subscribe at

Thanks

--
Xtophe