[vlc-devel] VLC deadlock at libvlc_media_player_stop(Even in latest release 1.1.0)

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Wed Jul 14 14:23:55 CEST 2010

On Wed, 14 Jul 2010 17:28:16 +0530, Parveen Jain <parveenjain at live.com>
wrote:

> I am running this in Linux.
> code for play and stop media is as:
> Here I am creating inst only once in this function.

I can't see the SetEvents function and the video callback functions.

> Running this flow for almost 30 "H263 video" calls per second; and It
> freezes after every 3-4 hours of testing.

Make sure you have the LibVLC debug symbols installed (or an unstripped
LibVLC installation), and run your application under gdb. Once you get the
deadlock, just press Ctrl+Z and "threads apply all bt" then Enter.

> Let me know if you need any more info for reproducing it.

We can't reproduce it with incomplete code.

http://www.remlab.net
http://fi.linkedin.com/in/remidenis