[vlc-devel] AUTHORS and THANKS

Rafaël Carré rafael.carre at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 06:22:55 CEST 2010

On Mon, 19 Jul 2010 23:15:04 +0300
"Rémi Denis-Courmont" <remi at remlab.net> wrote:

> 	Hello,
>
> The AUTHORS file is completely out-of-date. Besides, considering to
> ego and modesty issues, I am not sure it can really be maintained. I
> would like to replace it with the list of contributors from THANKS,
> *without* the second column (which is often inaccurate anyway). Then
> THANKS would only contain the donators.
>
> After that, we can check if some names are missing from the git
> history.
>
> Any objections?

Considering my own ego and modesty, don't forget to leave the names of
people present in the current AUTHORS files.

Else I think it's a good idea and we should just do that.

Also I suggest leaving the list of 3rd party libraries in the THANKS
file (it might even be necessary for FAAD2 if we redistribute it)

--
✍ Rafaël Carré ☺