[vlc-devel] Kubuntu... *K*one ?

Yuval Levy vlc07 at sfina.com
Wed Jul 21 22:03:27 CEST 2010

On July 21, 2010 08:42:54 am Christophe Mutricy wrote:
> The only issue pointed is the number of deepedencies.

Quoting Jonathan Riddell: "VLC would be concievable but would need someone to
review it for licencing issues and get it and all the build-deps through MIR."

I also wondered what MIR is, until I found [0]

> I don't see how we can help with that.

Give them some guidance, support them in their choice, make them feel that you
want them to distribute VLC.  The VLC developers are experts and can help with
the review of the licensing issues (if any).  And with smart advice on how to
(or how not to) integrate a media player in the distro.

Yuv

[0] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MainInclusionProcess