[vlc-devel] Re : Newbie question

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Mon Jul 26 15:26:57 CEST 2010

   Hello,

On Mon, 26 Jul 2010 05:41:05 -0700 (PDT), Eric Desjardins
<desjardins_e at yahoo.ca> wrote:
> I can test my changes on the stable 1.1 branch and submit in main?

You shall ensure that your changes are compatible with the master
development tree. If you don't and they end up being incompatible, you will
only have your tears left to cry as your patch gets ignored. So that this
does not happen, I can only STRONGLY recommend you always develop on the
master tree _first_.

If the UI does not work, then test with the command line VLC, or with the
HTTP interface, or through a custom application built on top of LibVLC, or
whatever is more appropriate for you.

http://www.remlab.net
http://fi.linkedin.com/in/remidenis