[vlc-devel] Webplugin & video-sidebar

Valentin Gosu valentin.gosu at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 13:59:13 CEST 2010

  Hello,

A few weeks ago, along with some fellow students, I have started a
project to create a "video sidebar" extension for Mozilla Firefox. The
purpose of the extension is to provide the ability to watch video files
(especially local video files) in your browser, while surfing the web.
The extension makes use of VLC's Mozilla Plugin. You can install it [1]
or check out the source code on google code [2]

We could also use your help concerning the playlist. The playlist in the
sidebar is sortable, but only for demonstration purposes. Reordering the
files does nothing, nor does removing them. This is in part because
there is no 'add to position' method in the Webplugin's API [3]. Is
there another way to change the order of elements in the playlist?

We would appreciate it if you took a look at our add-on, and sent us
some feedback.

Thank you!

[1] https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/204328/
[2] https://code.google.com/p/video-sidebar/