[vlc-devel] [PACKAGERS] Tag 1.1.0-rc2

Dominique Leuenberger dominique at leuenberger.net
Mon Jun 7 10:07:24 CEST 2010

Quoting Jean-Baptiste Kempf <jb at videolan.org>:

> On Thu, Jun 03, 2010 at 05:08:53PM +0200, Jean-Baptiste Kempf wrote :
>> ftp://ftp.videolan.org/pub/testing/vlc-1.1.0-rc2/vlc-1.1.0-rc2.tar.bz2
>
> As we are getting closer to the release (next week, probably), I
> STRONGLY recommand to linux/Unix packagers to test this package quite soon
> and test it (or upload to your testing repo) and complain now about
> issues you might have. Do it before it is too late...
>
> Many many thanks,

j-b, thanks for the heads-up here. I added to -rc2 tarball to my build
system for openSUSE and it all went through just fine, just as with RC1.

Maybe a small heads up on what new build deps we should add to the new
version would be great: like what new things since 1.0.6 became
optional dependencies for added feature set?

Dominique