[vlc-devel] Updated patch for ogg/theora seeking

Ilkka Ollakka ileoo at videolan.org
Mon Jun 7 22:28:29 CEST 2010

On Mon, Jun 07, 2010 at 05:14:58PM -0300, salsaman wrote:
>    OK, how do I check for a stream ? I was assuming that if the file size was
>    0 then it is a stream, otherwise it is a file.

 Hi,

 You can use stream_Control( stream_t *, STREAM_CAN_SEEK, &bool ) or
 STREAM_CAN_FASTSEEK to check if stream is seekable or can be seeked
 fast. You don't really need to know if input is file or stream.

 (stream_Tell/stream_Size uses STREAM_GET_POSITION and STREAM_GET_SIZE,
 if you look vlc/include/vlc_stream.h ).

--
Ilkka Ollakka
Money is the root of all evil, and man needs roots