[vlc-devel] Updated patch for ogg/theora seeking

ogg.k.ogg.k at googlemail.com ogg.k.ogg.k at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 10 11:39:46 CEST 2010

Hi,

> We create an index on the fly, this index is basically:

seeing this work being done, I thought I'd mention that there is an
index being worked on for Ogg streams, which can be present or not. It
would probably be a good idea to have a look at it, so that the patch
discussed here can later make use of such an index, if one is found in
the file, to seed that cache.

See the spec (it's stored in the Skeleton track):
http://wiki.xiph.org/Ogg_Skeleton_4

A tool for creating these indices, and validating them:
http://github.com/cpearce/OggIndex