[vlc-devel] Please don't put attached files into the mailing list messages

Rémi Denis-Courmont rem at videolan.org
Fri Jun 11 15:30:23 CEST 2010

On Friday 11 June 2010 14:01:33 Pankaj yadav, you wrote:
> height of stupidity. Who is this instructor?

I assume I am, by far, the most frequent users of the word 'stupid' on this
mailing list (feel free to blame me for that). But at least, I try to
associate it to actions (ideas, commits...), not to *people*.

In fact, I am not a bug fan of ad hominem[1] arguments. Every body has stupid
ideas and acts in stupid and/or uninformed way every so often. For example, no
latter than yesterday, I made a round trip to the San Diego airport. I just
could not figure out how to get the key to my rental car out of the ignition.
Now that's obviously ridiculously stupid. Does that mean *I* am stupid?
Hopefully not.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem