[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] commit: Fixed mouse buttons state for msw vouts (close #3519). ( Laurent Aimar )

brezhoneg1 brezhoneg1 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 13 16:33:36 CEST 2010

Le 13/06/2010 14:34, Laurent Aimar a écrit :

>>     Imho, a clean solution would be to merge the two main threads (qt4
>> and msw) in a single one, i.e one single event loop, that just
>> dispatches messages to their right window procedures. The third thread
>> is less of a problem, but still part of the equation (beware of
>> blocking calls)
>>
>>     I do have a patch that does the following :
>>
>>      - extend vout_window_t  to request the vout window provider (qt4,
>> skins2, libvlc dev thread, ...) thread to execute the code that is
>> currently executed by the msw thread (basically, subwindows creation
>> and configuration)
>>      - Since there is now only one single event loop, move message
>> management in Windows Procs.
>>
>>    This patch works satisfactorily. It just needs to be updated with
>> latest vlc1.2 changes in msw. If this approach is deemed worth, I can
>> update it and send it on this ml for review.
>>
>   Could you just send the current patch that you have? This way I could
> see what you mean exactly and the consequences.

Hi,

   Attached are four patches
      - patch1  : extend vout_window_t (based on vout_display_t terminology)
      - patch2  : remove EventThread and create WindowSetup and
WindowCleanup
      - patch 3 : impact on qt4
      - patch 4  : create a basic vout window (to simplify msw)  (as it
is done in xcb)

There are also an impact on drawable.c and skins2, but patches look like
the qt4 one.

I hope this is understandable ....

Rgds
Erwan10