[vlc-devel] Media library Include file and Core

Jakob Leben jakob.leben at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 13:33:00 CEST 2010

On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 7:53 PM, Srikanth Raju <srikiraju at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> I have attached two patches. I will merge these into master by Wednesday if
> nobody has any problems with them. These are the include files and some
> minor changes to the core.

Hi, Srikanth,

Maybe I'm a bit late, but I have a couple of conceptual questions about
this, so please enlighten me:

I was wondering what is the reasoning behind adding all the information
fields like artist, album, track number, etc. to ml_media_t instead of
re-using vlc_meta_t (or developing it, if it is not sufficient) ?
For that matter, couldn't an input_item_t be used on the place of
ml_media_t?

Or is the idea for development just the opposite, to remove that information
from input_item_t, once the new ML is done?

Cheers,

Jakob