[vlc-devel] xcb/window.c fullscreen in mozilla plugin

David Menestrina dmenest at veetle.com
Fri Jun 25 09:13:07 CEST 2010

Thanks for your comments, Remi.  I agree that the application that
embeds VLC *should* handle fullscreen... unfortunately there's no way for
the browser plugin to tell the browser to make the plugin window
fullscreen.  Do you think the mozilla plugin should handle fullscreen
itself rather than asking VLC to do it?

As for reparenting, the window we're reparenting is actually a window
created by the mozilla plugin itself (in vlcshell.cpp:NPP_SetWindow).  So
I think, at least for the mozilla plugin, the reparenting approach should
be safe.  I think you're right that event handling is an issue... in the
30% of the time when the reparenting succeeds, I do notice that there's no
easy way out of fullscreen mode. :)

One other question...  I noticed that in older versions of the plugin,
when you resize the plugin window via javascript, the video is resized
appropriately.  In VLC 1.1, the resize instead crops the video.  The
mozilla plugin is notified of the resize event, but it (currently) doesn't
notify VLC that anything has changed.  Do you have any thoughts on the
right way for VLC to realize that the window it's drawing into has changed
size?

Thank you!
david