[vlc-devel] libvlc_media_discoverer_new_from_name return case

Joel Blumen jbcode42 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 26 21:23:17 CEST 2010

Hi,

I have been looking at a VLCAssert that is getting caught in VLCKit when there is no internet connection. The cause appears to be libvlc_media_discoverer_new_from_name( libvlc_instance_t * p_inst, const char * psz_name) in media_discoverer.c which returns null when there is no internet connection. I have not yet confirmed if it does this for every name that it can receive.

My question is this: Is this the intended behavior of this method to return null when there is no internet, and therefore VLCKit/Lunettes should handle the null generated due to lack of connectivity, or should this still return an object anyways?

--Joel Blumen