[vlc-devel] VLC 1.1.0-git issues

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Wed Mar 3 00:51:37 CET 2010

Hello,

I believe we should focus on the issues we are still having on the 1.1.0
branch, so we can prepare/release/etc...
As last time, follows here a list of issues that seem to me quite important
to fix before release.

The good news is that 1.1.0 is in way better shape than what 1.0.0 was
at the same time.

Very Important issues:
 - Mac... Should I say more? Pierre, Status?
 - MKV multiple audio-track that freezes VLC before the end of a file on
   win32: #2864. Laurent, any idea?
 - Many multiple issues in Qt, already assigned to me. (Move your ass, jb)
 - libVLC deadlock #2394 (Pierre?)
 - libVLC examples not updated (wiki?)
 - Webplugins... Especially the lock/mutexes on Win32 that forbids the compilation
   What are the opinions? Is the patch linking to libvlccore ok?
 - Lua Interfaces freezes on Win32, (for sure luahttp and luarc) #3356
   (dionoea? geal?)
 - Regressions about nsv, notably #2974 (related to #3289?)

Important issues:
 - ProjectM looking on the wrong folder on Win32 #3207 . Does it work on
   Linux? (ivoire!!)
 - Various M2TS not playing, cf streams.v.o/misc
 - MKV seeking...............
 - luaSD item loading (Fabio and Pierre, please!)
 - please check that playlist works fine: #3344 and such (jleben?)

Smaller issues:
 - luaSD listing in Qt4 dialog (jpeg!)
 - Various files not playing: Search by component: demuxer on trac ;)
 - Win32 update (geal for #3355, xtophe and jb for testing, please no
                 loose this time...)

Status requested about:
 - #3135, 0 as valid PTS
 - RTP wrap, #1645

Unsure (please check, I didn't)
 - Deinterlacing issues, #1903 and #2714 Still valid?
 - Avfomart muxer issues, #2641 and #1162 Still valid?
 - Do --video-x, --video-y, --video-on-top work?
 - http playlist invisible : #3024
 - Does Network (\\Server\Sarass.avi) on Win32 work?
 - Remove all icons for GNOME...

Legal matters:
 - What extensions do we plan to ship?
 - Do we disable ATI and Intel playback for DxVA2?

Many thanks, in advance, for your inputs...

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/