[vlc-devel] VLC 1.1.0-git issues

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Wed Mar 3 11:38:00 CET 2010

On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 6:51 PM, Jean-Baptiste Kempf <jb at videolan.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I believe we should focus on the issues we are still having on the 1.1.0
> branch, so we can prepare/release/etc...
> As last time, follows here a list of issues that seem to me quite important
> to fix before release.

Ogg/Theora crop and offset are no longer working in GIT (just tested
0888d465c1b531be0a7b9635500ec2e60cccfdc3) while they worked fine in
1.0.

I believe it stopped working at b5ad5b6152423762fe4c6a0849f7307678223da2.

The file offset_test.ogv at http://wiki.xiph.org/TheoraTestsuite
demonstrates this most obviously. (though a significant fraction on
existing Theora files will demonstrate it less obviously)

Handling of drop frames is also broken, causing weird playback of
stockholm-vfr.ogg from the same page.

(Another example is
http://myrandomnode.dyndns.org:8080/~gmaxwell/cortest/test_03.ogv
which should display 1m:40.000s of the same frame before displaying
done)

This, however, isn't a regression vs 1.0... it doesn't handle files
with drop frames correctly either.