[vlc-devel] LIVE (low latency) decoding with various VLC version.

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Mon Mar 8 21:51:51 CET 2010

Le lundi 8 mars 2010 22:38:09 David Glaude, vous avez écrit :
> VLC-1.0.2-win32.exe (E) give us the best result for the low latency and for
> maintaining that low latency over time and despite packet loss.
> Some change occured between 1.0.2 and 1.0.5 that change the behaviour and
> introduce additionnal latency.
> The problem is not fully solved with "--clock-jitter=0" in 1.1.0-git and
> there must be other buffer involved that were not triggered before.
> Presentation buffer? Decoding buffer? RTP Buffer?

The RTP reorder buffer code has been pretty much unchanged since... 1.0.2. The
RTP plugin only buffers when reordering occurs. De-jittering really is done
downstream in the input clock synchronization code.

There's been quite a bunch of changes to that piece between 1.0.2 and 1.0.3 as
$(gitk src/input/) shows, but I am not very familiar with it.

http://www.remlab.net/
http://fi.linkedin.com/in/remidenis