[vlc-devel] Enabling login for Web Plugin

Michael Ditum mike at mikeditum.co.uk
Tue Mar 9 12:32:59 CET 2010

Hi,

I'm currently investigating a problem we're seeing on a couple of computers
with the plugin crashing internet explorer (and sometimes firefox) when
viewing some of our video streams. I've managed to get the normal VLC app
logging to a file (by enabling file logging, set verbosity to 2, setting the
file to log to and enabling the logger interface) but I can't recreate the
problem in the main client. It only occurs with the web plugin.

Is there anyway I can enable logging for the web plugin so I can start
trying to work out why it's crashing? It doesn't seem to obey the vlcrc file
(I'm guessing it wont load the logger interface for security reasons) so
it's not logging currently.

Thanks,

Mike