[vlc-devel] Enabling login for Web Plugin

Michael Ditum mike at mikeditum.co.uk
Thu Mar 11 18:03:32 CET 2010

2010/3/10 Rémi Denis-Courmont <remi at remlab.net>

> On Wed, 10 Mar 2010 09:56:48 +0000, Michael Ditum <mike at mikeditum.co.uk>
> wrote:
> > The configuration I have to enable logging in the normal client is in
> > c:\Users\<uid>\AppData\Roaming\vlc\vlcrc and I've changed the following
> > items.
>
> The VLC configuration is the VLC configuration. Other LibVLC based
> applications are supposed to ignore it. You can pass extra configuration
> parameters from the appropriate libvlc_new() call.

Just an update on this... I tried adding the following lines to
projects/active/plugin.cpp before the call to libvlc_new();

ppsz_argv[ppsz_argc++] = "--extraintf=logger";
ppsz_argv[ppsz_argc++] = "--verbose=2";
ppsz_argv[ppsz_argc++] = "--file-logging";
ppsz_argv[ppsz_argc++] = "--logfile=c:\\vlc.log";

When I load up the plugin I get a dos window appearing but never get any
logging information appearing in it or the log. The browser also just sits
there and never actually shows any content. If I leave out my lines and
comment out the --ignore-config and then setup the vlcrc file for logging I
also get a dos window appearing. I still get no logging output but the
plugin does start showing video. I'm not convinced it's reading the vlcrc
file though.

I'm getting a little stumped on how to enable logging. How was the plugin
developed in the first place without being able to get any feedback whilst
it's running?

Mike