[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] commit: VLCKit: Embed the plugin cache for all archs. (Pierre d'Herbemont )

Pierre d'Herbemont pdherbemont at free.fr
Mon Mar 15 14:48:14 CET 2010

2010/3/15 Rémi Denis-Courmont <remi at remlab.net>:

> On Mon, 15 Mar 2010 13:29:51 +0100 (CET), git at videolan.org wrote:
>> vlc | branch: master | Pierre d'Herbemont <pdherbemont at free.fr> | Mon Mar
>> 15 13:04:08 2010 +0100| [d1786b248b374353e9466ff32d9e5f8e221ec0f7] |
>> committer: Pierre d'Herbemont
>>
>> VLCKit: Embed the plugin cache for all archs.
>
> You do realize the plug-ins cache depends on CPU flags...

No. Thanks for pointing this out. This is badly useless then. We'll
still need to generate the cache at launch time on the Mac OS, and
we'll have to move it to a user directory on the Mac OS.

That said, I have been investigating a bit. And it seems to me that
the plugin cache shouldn't be dependent on the CPU capabilities for a
same arch. Am I mistaken, and how?

Pierre.