[vlc-devel] Configuration process fails on MAC OSX 10.6

Yair Han YairH at optibase.com
Wed Mar 17 22:43:21 CET 2010

Thank you, Pierre for your response.

I took a completely new mini MAC and set up OSX 10.6 and Xcode that
comes on the same CD.

I followed the OSX compile from the wiki.
I downloaded the VLC 1.03 version from download.videolan.org/pub...

Define the compiler
$ export CC=/Developer/usr/bin/llvm-gcc-4.2
$ export CXX=/Developer/usr/bin/llvm-g++-4.2
$ export OBJC=/Developer/usr/bin/llvm-gcc-4.2

Handle contrib.
$ cd vlc/extras/contrib
$ ./bootstrap i686-apple-darwin10
$ make

Handle the VLC
$ ./bootstrap
$ ./configure --enable-debug  --build=i686-apple-darwin10
--enable-mozilla

As I wrote the configure process fails on the mad lib.

Am I missing something?

Yair