[vlc-devel] Patch for Trac #3452: VLC fails to compile on OS X with zlib 1.2.4

Gellule Xg gellule.xg at free.fr
Thu Mar 25 20:29:47 CET 2010

On 3/25/10 7:01 AM, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> On Wednesday 24 March 2010 23:12:30 Gellule Xg, you wrote:
>> WRT ticket: https://trac.videolan.org/vlc/ticket/3452
>
> Rejected. This define is needed on Linux.

Hi Remi,

Thank you for the feedback.

The documentation of glibc indicates that LARGEFILE64_SOURCE provides a
transitional API that exposes lseek64, off64_t, etc, which are not used
anywhere in VLC. Whereas FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 is the actual flag that
turns lseek, off_t, etc into 64 bits versions. My understanding is that
only FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 is needed. Would you be able to give me some
pointers on this linux requirement?

I will certainly give a try to patched compilation on an Ubunutu box I
have access to, unless this has already been tried and shown to fail.

Alternatively, would a patch that deals with the OS X specific be an
acceptable solution?

Regards,

-Julien/Gellule