[vlc-devel] GSoC patch mpg123 question

William Hahne will07c5 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 01:13:10 CET 2010

I wrote the plugin that uses libmpg123 instead of libmad, but I'm
having problems testing it. At first I had the avcodec plugin getting
in the way so I disabled that but the mpeg_audio plugin doesn't seem
to be working since VLC keeps telling me that it can't find a decoder
plugin to handle the fourcc "mpga". Without mpeg_audio I don't think
the current libmad plugin is even working. I've looked at
modules/codec/mpeg_audio.c but it seems like it should work. Maybe I'm
misunderstanding something about the plugin system in vlc, since this
is my first time working with the vlc plugin system. Any advice would
be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
William Hahne (IRC: Will07c5)