[vlc-devel] i18n and .ui

Christophe Mutricy xtophe at chewa.net
Fri Mar 26 19:54:10 CET 2010

On Fri, Mar 26, 10 at 16:29 +0100, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> [...]

I'm not aware of any part of VLC which would need po/* to build. so
putting po/ last is ok imho.

Also having our own Makefile allow us to have the to-be-scanned files as
preoper dependencies of the target. So we could generate the .h this way
( which would be cool in order to run make dist on a fresh tree without
having to run make -C modules/gui/qt4 first)

> Generally patching makefile.in.in seems like a bad idea; it will fail
> miserably if a different gettextize is used for instance.

I was more thinking of replacing than patching. Like we do for INSTALL
in bootstrap: cp po/Makefile.in.in po/Makefile.in.in.git; ...;
autopoint; mv -f po/Makefile.in.in.git po/Makefile.in.in

--
Xtophe