[vlc-devel] VLC 1.1.0 blockers. Moving to RC? (...)

Rémi Denis-Courmont rem at videolan.org
Mon Mar 29 14:08:56 CEST 2010

	Hello,

By the commonly understood definition, a Release Candidate is something that
could be shipped unless bugs are discovered in testing phase.

A release candidate would need:
 - updated translations, and
 - fixes for agreed blocker bugs.
I guess we still need more bug fixes. And I am fairly sure translations have
not been updated. In fact, I do not recall that translated strings would have
been frozen at all yet.

So forget about RC. If you think packagers and power users might find more
bugs with a pre-release already, then feel free to tag one. I am not sure that
pre-releases have any added value over nightly builds though.