[vlc-devel] set position when video is paused

Mehmet Kaplan mehmetkpln at gmail.com
Tue May 4 08:08:39 CEST 2010

when i upgrade to vlc 1.0.5, the problem is solved.

<Hi all,
<I'm newbie in libvlc and using its methods.
<I'm trying to seek when video is paused. I want that player will seek
<to new position and stay paused. When i call
<libvlc_media_player_set_position method after pausing the video with
<libvlc_media_player_pause method, player doesn't show the frame at new
<position. But after toggling pause it starts to play video from the
<new position. To sum up, it sets the position but doesn't show the
<frame at that position until playing again.
<
<As a solution to this problem, i call pause method twice after seeking
<when the video is paused. Because in that situation i expect that
<player will start to play for showing new frame and pause again. But
<sometimes it works, sometimes doesn't (probably according to operation
<time of seek and pause which cause race condition). Also i try to call
<play and pause in order, the result is the same.
<
<Isn't there any stable solution for this problem, which will always
<work, probably a method causes to wait to the end of
<libvlc_media_player_set_position or libvlc_media_player_pause
<operation? Also is libvlc_media_player_set_position operation useless
<when media player is paused?