[vlc-devel] VDA decoder module

Laurent Aimar fenrir at elivagar.org
Sat May 15 17:36:33 CEST 2010

Hi,

On Sat, 2010-05-15 at 15:52 +0200, Dilaroga Dev wrote:
> New implementation: i've removed the libswscale dependency.
> m2ts are not yet decoded.
 One of the issue I see with the current implementation, is that you use
the PTS to reorder the output. With m2ts (and normal TS, asf, avi, and
maybe some .mp4, at least) you will not always have a valid/present PTS
to do so.
 I am not sure of the best way to fix that:
 - patching ffmpeg to do the job for you (a bit like vaapi/dxva2)
 - fixing the avc packetizer to compute a pts for each frame. This one
would be better for VLC but it's a lot of work.

Regards,

--
fenrir