[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] commit: Reused vout window in vout_Request(). (Laurent Aimar )

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Fri May 21 13:31:46 CEST 2010

----- Message d'origine -----
> vlc | branch: master | Laurent Aimar <fenrir at videolan.org> | Thu May 20 20:50:14
> 2010 +0200| [c75fafe4ec348154a6e07c324dbe62c1c23a7149] | committer: Laurent
> Aimar
>
> Reused vout window in vout_Request().
>
> It basically works but they are some issues to be fixed.

I would rather have turned, say the x11 vout displays into a new x11 displays class. And then we could have a dummy vout display plugin that just creates a window and an x11 display. Then we dont need this hack, assuming we can reuse vouts.

That being said, reparenting vlc object is not thread-safe, and is fundamentally never going to be (we could protect againt invalid memory accesses, but we would still have race conditions in terms of semantics). Therefore vout (and aout) should be parented statically to the input manager (playlist, libvlc media player or vlm), I believe. Then reparenting is not needed.