[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] commit: Reused vout window in vout_Request(). (Laurent Aimar )

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Fri May 21 16:57:39 CEST 2010

----- Message d'origine -----
>  I need to destroy the vout display when the size changes, so I am not sure to
> see what you would do.
>  Besides, this way also make vout reuse for win32 works without any work at all.

Problem is, there are more than one window type. As long as we stick to X11 plugins on Linux, and HWND plugins on Windows, we're fine.

But if we hit non-windowed video outputs, or ever have more than one type on a given system, what happens?? We _could_ build the X11 outputs on Windows. XCB has been ported - only SHM is unavailable, and we'd need to ifdef it.

--
Rémi