[vlc-devel] Mouse Click Events Listening from JS

Venu Vemulapally venu.vemulapally at gmail.com
Tue May 25 19:46:49 CEST 2010

Hi All,

   I have installed latest version of VLC  i.e VLC media player 1.1.0-rc on
Ubuntu Linux. I am trying to  listen the mouse click events from JavaScript
when the video playback is going on in fullscreen mode instead of taking the
Video window.

In the latest VLC source code  i have modified the code from
src/control/media_player.c as  mentioned below
   *var_SetBool (mp, "mouse-events", false);

*After doing above modification i have recompiled the source code on Ubuntu
Linux and  launched vlc.html (which is attached with this mail) from firefox
then I am getting the error as mentioned below.

*[0xb17efe90] main libvlc error: No modules were found, refusing to start.
Check that you properly gave a module path with --plugin-path.* and I am
unable to playback the video. Where as same rtsp url I am able to playback
from command line using vlc binary.

Can any one please suggest me how to avoid the above mentioned error and how
can I listen the mouse click events from javaScrip application while video
playback is going on in fullscreen mode instead of taking the VLC video
window.

Thanks In Advance.

Thanks,
Venu