[vlc-devel] SoC 2010: DLNA UPnP Server/Client Modules

Benjamin Zores ben at geexbox.org
Tue May 25 23:45:38 CEST 2010

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 10:32 PM, David Glaude <david.glaude at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am no expert... however at last fosdem there were at least two upnp/dlna
> presentation (and I saw one of them). Both can be found at
> http://live.gnome.org/Brussels2010/Devroom
>
> Frank Scholz Coherence - The Digital Livingroom and beyond (sharing our
> media with UPnP/DLNA)
> and
> Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) GUPnP & Rygel: Liberating Digital Living
>
> I think that is the one I assisted to. It was presented by someone from
> Nokia working in Finland.

That was Ali, indeed.

> I don't remember anything but he spended a bit of time explaining upnp/dlna
> but also the available stack he found and why he did build on GUPnP rather
> than anything else. It might be related to the language, licence, memory
> footprint, glib availability or specific to maemo or...

FYI, one can also have a look at the DLNA mailing list:
http://tree.celinuxforum.org/pipermail/dlna-dev/

Nearly all OSS developers that were involved at one time or another to
UPnP/DLNA development are subscribed to
so this should be the perfect place to ask for questions I guess.

Ben

--
"My life, and by extension everyone else's is meaningless."
Bender, Futurama