[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] commit: Added Qt::Tool flag on the fullscreen widget. (Laurent Aimar )

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Thu May 27 18:41:18 CEST 2010

Le dimanche 23 mai 2010 23:44:58 git at videolan.org, vous avez écrit :
> vlc | branch: master | Laurent Aimar <fenrir at videolan.org> | Sun May 23
> 22:38:56 2010 +0200| [a91750568de08cd94738e8692420ddc4b2088f5c] |
> committer: Laurent Aimar
>
> Added Qt::Tool flag on the fullscreen widget.
>
>  It fixes 'on top' behaviour when going fullscreen (at least for linux),

I don't see that. The real problem is that the Qt4 UI window keeps the "above"
WM state even when going to fullscreen mode. It should not as it does not
contain the video at that point. Afterall the option is called --video-on-top.

> and it avoid having a 'Untitled Window' in the taskbar when fullscreen.

That looks like a bug more than a feature to me. Now the Qt4 UI cannot be
selected in the task bar when in fullscreen mode.

Of course, we should give the window a title, but that's an orthogonal issue.

Also this change seems to confuse some window managers, although I cannot
reproduce it here (bug #3678).

http://www.remlab.net/
http://fi.linkedin.com/in/remidenis