[vlc-devel] request for amharic translation

Christophe Mutricy xtophe at chewa.net
Sat May 29 01:39:08 CEST 2010

Hello,

On Thu, May 27, 10 at 09:04 -0700, EYOB FITWI wrote:
> i am a fan of the vlc player and i would like to help make a translation in the Amharic language, the official language of Ethiopia. i'm not that much versed in 'deep' computer stuff like programming or so, but i believe i have a satisfactory amount of knowledge regarding computers and i like to be involved in computer-related stuff.

You can find the file to translate there:
http://people.videolan.org/~xtophe/l10n/am.po

You can use poEdit or loKalize to translate. Make sure that you use
UTF-8 as encoding.

If you have question you can ask them on irc #videolan on
irc.freenode.net or on the mailing-list vlc-devel at videolan.org

When you have done a part of it you can send it to me or put it online
and send us the link.

There is a mailing list dedicated to translators. you can subscribe at

Thanks

--
Xtophe