[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] commit: Added Qt::Tool flag on the fullscreen widget. (Laurent Aimar )

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Sun May 30 15:21:27 CEST 2010

Le jeudi 27 mai 2010 21:28:22 Laurent Aimar, vous avez écrit :
> On Thu, 2010-05-27 at 21:23 +0300, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> > Le jeudi 27 mai 2010 21:15:48 Laurent Aimar, vous avez écrit :
> > >  No the issue is that in fullscreen, you then have 2 windows in the
> > >  task
> > >
> > > bar, the extra one for the fullscreen widget. And I do believe that's a
> > > bug.
> >
> > What? You cannot give focus to the main UI anymore without reverting to
> > windowed mode.
>
>  Of course, you are in fullscreen!

And then? What if I have a multiple viewports? What if I press alt+tab? What
if there are multiple video elementary streams? Now I simply cannot focus the
UI, as if the video was a modal dialog.

Anyway, this argument is self-contradictory. If "you are in fullscreen", then
you really couldn't care less that VLC shows two windows in the task bar,
since you can't see said task bar. So you broke the old behaviour precisely
because you did sometime use the task bar. And that brings us back to the fact
that the UI should be usable, just as any other non-VLC app while VLC is
fullscreen.

>  Besides, you have the FSC and the right click menu.

That is a very small subset of what the main UI can do.

http://www.remlab.net/
http://fi.linkedin.com/in/remidenis