[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] commit: Skins: "file" shortcut for skins access_demux (& decode URI) ( Jean-Philippe André )

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Mon May 31 12:00:04 CEST 2010

----- Message d'origine -----
> > In fact skins should not be an access_demux at all. That's a braindead
> > idea.
>
> Well, skins2 is old stuff.
> But, we used to be able to "open skins files with VLC". I guess
> Windows users want to be able to install their skins (or at least
> start VLC) by a simple click on a .VLT file.

Sure. But that is not contradictory with the fact that we should not use the input code for skins. Windows can use a different command associated with VLT files, e.g. "Vlc.exe --skin-load %1" or whatever.

And even if we were to use the norma input code, then this should be a demux, not an acces_demux.

--
Rémi