[vlc-devel] FSF position on GPLv2 & current App Store terms

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Tue Nov 2 09:26:16 CET 2010

   Hello,

On Tue, 02 Nov 2010 00:17:23 -0400, Brett Smith <brett at fsf.org> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> salsaman asked me to come on this list and explain the FSF's position on
> the current terms of service for Apple's App Store, and how those relate
> to GPLv2.  There have been changes to the terms since our original blog
> post on the topic.  I confirmed that the changes did not affect the
> GPLv2 analysis before I blogged about Rémi's enforcement action, but
> it's fair to ask me to show my work and I'm happy to do that here.

Thank you for sharing your analysis. This is pretty much the same
understanding I discussed with JB yesterday on Freenode.
Do I understand the GPL right that users who have download MobileVLC from
App Store are legally allowed to continue to use it, as per GPLv2 §4.

http://www.remlab.net
http://fi.linkedin.com/in/remidenis