[vlc-devel] FSF position on GPLv2 & current App Store terms

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Tue Nov 2 23:19:14 CET 2010

Mr. Smith,

On Tue, Nov 02, 2010 at 03:59:11PM -0400, Brett Smith wrote :
> Thanks for your feedback; I appreciate it.  I wanted to take this
> opportunity to address one issue with the analysis specifically that you
> brought up.

Sure, instead of apologizing, and recognizing that you are not behaving
correctly, you prefer to answer on the analysis.
Maybe you missed that part in the mail:
> THIS IS NOT ABOUT THE CORRECTNESS OR NOT OF YOUR ANALYSIS.
> THIS IS ABOUT YOUR ATTITUDE.

> current terms talks about how the Usage Rules restrict distribution,
Usage Rules can only restrict usage, not distribution as the name says.

This still doesn't explain why you take the matters on your FSF website,
(and NOT detailing your analysis in any way) before mailing it to this
mailing-list...
Which is exactly what was reproched to you in the previous mail, and
that you still fail to address.

Not to mention, that your analysis might be exact, or not. And rushing
everyone is the right way to go, sure...

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/