[vlc-devel] vlc-devel Digest, Vol 42, Issue 6

Laurent Aimar fenrir at elivagar.org
Wed Nov 3 20:00:34 CET 2010

Hi,

On Tue, Nov 02, 2010 at 08:01:40PM +0800, andy wang wrote:
> SO there are not 'durations' of subtitle in any specification? So how we
> control the time with "clear events", or when to trigger the clean events, is
> it a constant in vlc?
 There is no such timeout.
 In dvbsub and teletext, the subtitles are removed by sending orders inside
the bitstream of the ES that says to clear the display or to replace it by
something else.
 Unless I misremember, the vlc dvbsub/teletext decoders do have a timeout but
only as an error resilience tools (ie if we have lost some data). This
timeout will only clear the display as a last measure.

Regards,

--
fenrir