[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] commit: Media library features sql_monitor - directory scanner ml_watch - playlist watcher item_list - items being watched by ml_watch media_pool - list of active media in vlc (Srikanth Raju )

Pierre d'Herbemont pdherbemont at free.fr
Fri Nov 5 11:40:32 CET 2010

On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 1:14 AM, Jean-Baptiste Kempf <jb at videolan.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 05, 2010 at 12:22:53AM +0100, Pierre d'Herbemont wrote :
>> ok, understood. This is not something strategic, or a technical choice.
>
> Sorry.

Why would you be sorry? :-)

> Having a decent (not a .xspf playlist) ML is strategic.

Sure it is.

It would be probably simplier and cleaner to do it outside of vlc.git.
The reason are:
- We would be forced to cleanly layer the lib.
- Force us to have nice API.
This is:
- Unless you want to make sure no one is reusing it outside of libvlc
(Which would be the strategical choice I was talking about).

Pierre.